Sync your calendar with computer programs
You can see your Google Calendar events with other computer applications, like Outlook.
There are two ways to view your Google Calendar in another calendar application. You can add your calendar to view in another application, and some applications will also let you edit events.
Sync your Google Calendar (view & edit)
With some calendar applications, you can sync your calendar using your Google Account. This means you can add and edit events from either Google Calendar or your other application.
- Open your other calendar application.
- Look for an option to add another account. This might be in "Settings" or "Preferences."
- Sign in with your Google account. If you use 2-step verification with your account, you'll have to enter an app password.
- Follow the steps to add your Google Account.
See your calendar (view only)
If your calendar application doesn't have a full sync option, or if you want a read-only view of one calendar, you can sync your calendar to the application using a link to ICAL.
- On your computer, open Google Calendar.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- Open the Calendars tab.
- Click the name of the calendar you want to use.
- In the "Private Address" section, click ICAL.
- Copy the ICAL link that appears in the window, or click the ICAL link to download an ICS file.
- Paste the link or upload the file as directed by your other calendar application.
Note: Only you should know the Private Address for your calendar. Don’t share this address with other people. If you accidentally shared your calendar's Private Address, click Reset Private URLs to create a new Private Address.
See Google Calendar events on Apple Calendar
Note: Make sure you have the latest version of Apple Calendar and the latest Apple operating system on your computer. Learn how to find your Apple computer's operating system or update your computer's operating system.
- On your computer, open Apple Calendar .
- In the top left corner of your screen, click Calendar Preferences.
- Click the Accounts tab.
- On the left side of the Accounts tab, click Add .
- Select Google Continue.
- To add your Google account information, follow the steps on the screen.
- On the Accounts tab, use "Refresh Calendars" to choose how often you want Apple Calendar and Google Calendar to sync.
For more info visit Google Calendar Help.